things to know
1. For the security of the residents, the LOFTS is a gated community. MAYA students (for dance, TRX, yoga, Acro and hoop) need to park in the lot outside the gates, by the church across the street from the studio. Please walk across the crosswalk directly into the studio at the corner of the building. Aerial students Must register online before class to receive a gate code to park inside. (Please ONLY park inside the gate when you are attending aerials.)
2. The yoga studio has no lobby, or reception staff. Access to the studio is available by appointment only, and classes are not available for observation. The pedestrian gate and studio door will be unlocked 15 minutes before every class, and locked again promptly at the start of class. Because the door opens directly into the studio floor and to respect the experience of other students in class, late comers are not welcome. If you arrive late to class, do not expect to be let in.
3. MAYA has two class spaces: the yoga studio and the aerial studio. The Yoga Studio is located on the ground floor, on the building corner, and is accessible directly from the pedestrian gate and street. ALL classes Except the aerial classes meet in the Yoga Studio. The Aerial Studio is on the first floor, and students will receive directions before class.
4. Online registration PRIOR to class is Required for all aerial classes and highly recommended for all other classes. In the smart phone age, it has become quite easy to claim your class spot ahead of time with just a few clicks of a button. So, please help the class sign-in process go smoothly by paying ahead of time online or through the MindBody Connect app. This way class can start promptly, and your teacher's time can be better spent getting to know students and injuries, rather than doing admin work. Visit the schedule tab to be directed to the online schedule. Note that for aerials, online class registration closes 5 minutes before class start time, to ensure the teacher can properly set up the room and start on time.
5. The studio has just a few extra yoga mats, which you are welcome to use if you forgot yours or are traveling. For hygienic reasons, please buy and bring your own yoga mat if you have a regular practice. Padded fitness mats are provided for the Acro classes, but they are not suitable for yoga.
6. MAYA has no studio-wide monthly membership fee. The studio functions as a collective of independent contractors, and using a drop-in class payment system ensures that teachers are paid properly for their time and experience. Students may buy packages with multiple classes at a time, but there is no monthly umbrella fee.
7. The studio bathroom does not have a shower.